Factories

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Architect Expertise.

Moderators: Savacc, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

redwhitenblue
Apprentice Crafter

Factories

Post by redwhitenblue » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:04 am

I recently made and set up a structures factory, but when I try to use it I get a message saying that I don't have any schematics to use there. How do I input a schematic? I'm getting tired of making so many structural components!

- Akhor
Flurry

Zbignew
Intermediate Crafter

Re: Factories

Post by Zbignew » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:32 am

1st of all welcome to SWGcraft. Don't know how far you've come in crafting but a good 1st step would be to read Zimoon's excellent crafting guide in the crafting forum.
It sounds like maybe you haven't made a schematic yet?(see below) If not, its the same as crafting a part but select "make schematic" at the final step. Once you have the schematics in your data pad, you can load them into the factory with the identical resources you made the schematic with. Just calculate the amount of each resource for the quantity you wish to make, load them and fire up the factory.
If you are not a structures trader,ignore everything I just said, you need to be one to make a structures schematic.

Zbig
Proji--------------------------Syotr
Wannabe Droid Engineer-- Wannabe Ranger

redwhitenblue
Apprentice Crafter

Post by redwhitenblue » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:10 am

Thanks. I'm level 44 structures, but I'm not seeing what you're talking about. All I see on the last step is a box for practice mode or create object. BTW what server are you on?

- Akhor
Flurry

redwhitenblue
Apprentice Crafter

Post by redwhitenblue » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:22 am

I just noticed that when crafting my tool goes from step 3/6 to 6/6. Is that normal?

- Akhor
Flurry

redwhitenblue
Apprentice Crafter

Post by redwhitenblue » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:40 am

One more question...

When an item calls for identical components, does that mean they have to come from a factory? So if I can't figure out how to use my factory, then I'll be limited with what I can make?

- Akhor
Flurry

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:20 am

You didnt read Z's guide did you?

To make a schematic for your factory, you can not use a Generic Crafting Tool, you must make a better tool, in your case a "Structure and Furniture Crafting Tool" (the schematic is in your Generic Tool). Then you must stand in front of a Structure Crafting Station. (you can either make one, buy one, use one in someones house, or one in an NPC city). Once you have the right Tool and are in front of the corrisponding Station, you will get Crafting Options 4 and 5, which are to experiment on your project and to decide wether you want a "prototype item" (actually make it), or "factory schematic" (what you will put in a factory).

If a schematic calls for "identical" items, then yes, they must be made in a factory. So, as you have noticed, it is important to learn how to use your factory.

Read Z's guide, http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/forums/viewto ... ?f=6&t=460 try it agian, and if you still have questions, come back and ask. :D

http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/forums/viewto ... ?f=6&t=460

redwhitenblue
Apprentice Crafter

Post by redwhitenblue » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:21 am

Ok, ok I'll admit it. I started reading it, but it all seemed beneath me since I figured out the basics on my own. Then when he started talking about power crafting everything went whoosh! over my head. Turns out that was the part I needed. I reread it and went "ohhhh!" I'm sure I'll come up with stupid questions later, but I'll try to understand the guide first. However, I still don't quite get the experimentation thing. That step still didn't come up on my tool. But I'm not too worried about that until I can make better harvestors.

Thanks for bearing with me :D
- Akhor
Flurry

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:30 pm

Experimenting is an option that comes up on your tool once you stand next to a crafting station, if you are using an "elite" crafting tool. This is also explained in the guide.

In fact, quite a few seasoned Traders don't get it right until you have been crafting for months even though they ogle at the guide every now and then, others figure it out right away.

I recommend you just try it out on something expendable. Take the crafting tools for example, make a Weapon, Droid, and General Crafting Tool and then use that one to make another, but experiment on it. Play around and see how it works, try different resources with different CD (conductivity) and see what that makes.

Who said crafting is that silly as it is in WoW? :mrgreen:

/Zimoon

Zbignew
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Zbignew » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:57 pm

redwhitenblue wrote:BTW what server are you on?
- Akhor
Flurry
I am a fellow Flurrian, Flurrier? Flurriest? if you need anything in game e-mail one of the toons below, see what I can do. Usually on 10-12 EST.

Zbig

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:14 pm

Hmm, could it be all us noob traders are gathering on Flurry? Woe is you, Flurridia.

redwhitenblue
Apprentice Crafter

Post by redwhitenblue » Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:25 am

[/quote]
I am a fellow Flurrian, Flurrier? Flurriest? if you need anything in game e-mail one of the toons below, see what I can do. Usually on 10-12 EST.

Zbig[/quote]

Is that am or pm?

- Akhor
Flurry

PS. My factory is running!

Zbignew
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Zbignew » Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:46 pm

Is that am or pm?

- Akhor
Flurry

PS. My factory is running!

Congrats, welcome to a new problem, where to store all the factory runs :lol:
Usually on at night, occassional daytime visits on weekends, work, work, work. :?

Zbig

Jamiser
Novice Crafter

Post by Jamiser » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:50 pm

Welcome to another Flurry crafter. If you have questions in game, I am usually on most days at various hours (Pacific) with one of my 3 crafters.

Jamiser - Munitions
Jocca - Structures
Jyx - DE

Naboo, Moenia about 750m north of the Moenia starport at JamCo.

redwhitenblue
Apprentice Crafter

Post by redwhitenblue » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:01 pm

Not sure if I should start a new post, maybe I should have just named this one 'stupid questions'. But the topic did come up in discussion so...

I finally tried experimenting on a new harvester - but after I choose my experiment points it knocked it down to 0%. Did I do something wrong? Also this is the first time I've seen the experiment option, so maybe you have to working on something where quality actually matters?

- Akhor
Flurry

PS. You're on my friends list UncleFester, I'm gonna come check out your droids too.

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:51 pm

Unless I've got a lot of experiment points to work with, I experiment with them one at a time. That should work better for you.

You're not doing anything horribly wrong, you're just learning the hard way.