What factories?

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Beast Mastery Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

kenzii
Novice Crafter

What factories?

Post by kenzii » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:29 am

Hi guys,

Im gunna start pumping out good old supplements, mainly cause it costs me so much to buy them - and I've had enough!

what factory do the supplements need to be made in? I tried food factory and wearables(I know need say anything but i was hoping)

Any help would be great, thanks.

Cloggy
Novice Crafter

Re: What factories?

Post by Cloggy » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:25 pm

I assume Equipment factories since thats what is used for other BM components.

Darkangael
Novice Crafter

Post by Darkangael » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:37 pm

I think its actually Munitions since they are Made by Munitions traders?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:46 pm

Hi and welcome around Kenzii :D

I think you need to elaborate a little, what do you mean by "supplements"? Had you used the precise term you should already had an answer by now ;)

/whisper to Darkangael
There is nothing such as Munitions factory, ASs usually use the a Wearables (same as Tailors), while WSs use the Equipment.
But there are always items that derails our plans 8)

/Zimoon

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:57 am

Generally whatever Crafting Tool and Crafting Station you use to make the schematic will clue you in to the Factory you will need. Unless you are a Shipwright. :roll:

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:27 pm

The pet supplements are made by combining the work of a chef and a Muini's trader. The Chef makes the bio component, which can be factory run in a food factory, then hands that over to the Munis who then determines the type of supplement (which letter to make and if it will be advanced or not). I will have to ask my counterparts which factories they use, I'm sure it's equipment, but I don't know.

that's the answer for the Supplements that give the pet the XP bonus. If you are talking about the 'standard' pet food supplements, then the answer is: There is no factory avaialble. The pet food stacks are each hand made, hence the cost. We poor chefs have to use our hard won resources and sit down in a crafting station, or diner, or with a crafting bot, and had make each stack of food. The cost is representative of the time and effort put into it. If we could make this by facotry, the price would be much lower! :?
Iron Chef Slakkarr CEO, Fishboi Industries

Guild Joker Nagurra CFO, Wookhunter Enterprises

All Vendors located in Ft Revolt, 800 Meters from the Rebel Outpost on Rori, Flurry Server.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:50 pm

fridge33sam wrote:... We poor chefs have to use our hard won resources ...
I have a vague memory that this indeed was as a response to the player whining that there was nothing possible to sell for low-level Chefs at that point in time. Almost the same time as we got that fried ice-cream stuff which also requires hand made stuff. Correct me if I am wrong though ;)

/Zimoon

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:40 pm

Zimoon wrote:
fridge33sam wrote:... We poor chefs have to use our hard won resources ...
I have a vague memory that this indeed was as a response to the player whining that there was nothing possible to sell for low-level Chefs at that point in time. Almost the same time as we got that fried ice-cream stuff which also requires hand made stuff. Correct me if I am wrong though ;)

/Zimoon
I can only give you a half-answer. I just recently switched to Chef, I was already level 90. I don't know what is available at what level. I can say that I wasn't attracted to Chef to become a kibbles-and-bits factory, it was to make buff food for my guild. I have just discovered that since my resources aren't uber- that making pet food has been a good way to make money, so I am doing that (my guild is very pet-heavy atm), and it seems that others have found me out as well. :mrgreen: If the pet food is available to be made at a low level, then I would say that it hs been over looked as a money maker.

The icecream makers need the Egg and Milk (I can't remember the term, but similar to flawless), along with the flavor pieces that are found during foraging. That is the next thing on my list to attempt.

All Vendors located in Ft Revolt, 800 Meters from the Rebel Outpost on Rori, Flurry Server.

redwhitenblue
Apprentice Crafter

Post by redwhitenblue » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:28 pm

While I haven't actually used the frier I know that it takes the exceptional egg and milk collection pieces, making them extremely valuable and too expensive to buy for someone like me. I believe it also takes foraging fruits, but the recipe calls for cereal so I don't know if that's just the straight resource or what. I did however do the domestics grind and yes the pet food was excellent for leveling and earning money as I did so. I wasn't asked to craft any friers or even clothes until I was level 90, so not sure how it is for xp.
Akhor Slaga, Architect; Akihawa Aceric, Chef
Catalina Market, Rori, Flurry
1548, 75, -5884

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:31 pm

redwhitenblue wrote:While I haven't actually used the frier I know that it takes the exceptional egg and milk collection pieces, making them extremely valuable and too expensive to buy for someone like me. I believe it also takes foraging fruits, but the recipe calls for cereal so I don't know if that's just the straight resource or what. I did however do the domestics grind and yes the pet food was excellent for leveling and earning money as I did so. I wasn't asked to craft any friers or even clothes until I was level 90, so not sure how it is for xp.
Ahh, exceptional! That's it, I just couldn't remember that term.

Dea
Novice Crafter

Post by Dea » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:48 pm

fridge33sam wrote:The pet supplements are made by combining the work of a chef and a Muini's trader. The Chef makes the bio component, which can be factory run in a food factory, then hands that over to the Munis who then determines the type of supplement (which letter to make and if it will be advanced or not). I will have to ask my counterparts which factories they use, I'm sure it's equipment, but I don't know.

that's the answer for the Supplements that give the pet the XP bonus. If you are talking about the 'standard' pet food supplements, then the answer is: There is no factory avaialble. The pet food stacks are each hand made, hence the cost. We poor chefs have to use our hard won resources and sit down in a crafting station, or diner, or with a crafting bot, and had make each stack of food. The cost is representative of the time and effort put into it. If we could make this by facotry, the price would be much lower! :?
I just discovered supplements last night. WOW ....... I wish I had been using them before, but then I really didn't have a good enough pet to level up before. I'm definitely going to start making these for my guild's use anyway.

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:15 pm

Dea wrote:
fridge33sam wrote:The pet supplements are made by combining the work of a chef and a Muini's trader. The Chef makes the bio component, which can be factory run in a food factory, then hands that over to the Munis who then determines the type of supplement (which letter to make and if it will be advanced or not). I will have to ask my counterparts which factories they use, I'm sure it's equipment, but I don't know.

I just discovered supplements last night. WOW ....... I wish I had been using them before, but then I really didn't have a good enough pet to level up before. I'm definitely going to start making these for my guild's use anyway.
The trick to the pet supplements is to remember use them until you reach level 75. Then level your pet the slow way until you reach Best Friend Forever. If you do that before level 90, then you can use the level 2 supplements to finish off the power leveling. :idea:

Dea
Novice Crafter

Post by Dea » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:01 pm

fridge33sam wrote:
Dea wrote:

The trick to the pet supplements is to remember use them until you reach level 75. Then level your pet the slow way until you reach Best Friend Forever. If you do that before level 90, then you can use the level 2 supplements to finish off the power leveling. :idea:
Hey awesome! Thanks! I still have a long way to go before level 75 LOL But it's fun.