Leveling

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Weaponsmith Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Ekroti
Novice Crafter

Leveling

Post by Ekroti » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:14 pm

I am new to the game and have managed to get my WS to 65. I have been AFK crafting to level and always get the Entertainer buffs. I have been making Gas Cartridges which are the easiest to make and the resources I have are plentiful (not very good) at best I get 1500 XP per practice. The question is what to practice on to level?

Does lowering the complexity through Expertise lower the XP you get? I have avoided these Expertise boxes.

Also, I have made some weapons and armor that the names are green, does this mean it can be socketed?

The guides have been very helpful! Thanks to all of the Traders who have put in the time to create them. :D

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Leveling

Post by Zimoon » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:06 pm

I really do hope you mean ATK-crafting, right?

Unfortunately any trader profession but Structure trader is kind of borked, mentioned early on in the Beginner's Guide for Traders. That is a sad fact. While I advice that new crafters learn their profession ground up and stay away from brain-dead speed-leveling I also understand the frustration from so little XP and one needs the billions, slightly exaggerated.

May I suggest the following :lol:

Install SWGAide and at the Schematics pages you filter for Munitions, and your current level. Scan through the schematics you can craft and for all those that read UNKNOWN for XP or whatever, obtain that info and post a list of what you find here at SWGCraft. Remember, no XP bonus while you do this, none whatsoever.

This will at least give you something to do for some days :)

Once you are done ... respec to Structure Traders and craft fountains until level 86, then Gungan Heads. That will take about 2 hours. The time you save from respecing you spend on helping the munition-crafting community :mrgreen:

First respec is free, respecing back costs a few credits, but it decays one notch a month.

Good luck
Zimoon

Ekroti
Novice Crafter

Post by Ekroti » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:53 am

Thanks Zimoon,

Thanks for the info and response. I do have SWGAide installed and have reported resources through the interface. I guess I just never saw the schematics part for looking at how much XP you get.

How do you know if something has a socket on it? Does it show when you examine it?

Rhecat Time
Novice Crafter

Post by Rhecat Time » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:26 am

In answer to your question on the green text that is displayed when you craft an item; a weapon or a piece of armor or clothing will show a green text when it has been crafted with a socket and will show a white text when crafted without a socket.
If you have the clothing, pups and expertise right, you will find that all your crafted weapons will come out with a socket so there's no need to worry about it.

Grtz, Rhecat (WS on Chimaera)

Ekroti
Novice Crafter

Post by Ekroti » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:09 pm

Thanks Rhecat,

That is what I thought. I played another MMO game that showed the socket when examined wasn't sure about this game. Still learning loads from you all. Thank you.

Ekroti
Novice Crafter

Post by Ekroti » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:22 pm

I ran through some pistols to see what the Experience gain would be for a level 68 Munitions Trader, here are the results:

CDEF Pistol - 1140 XP

D18 Pistol - 1140 XP

DH17 Pistol - 1140 XP

DL44 Metal - 1140 XP
Pistol

DL44 Pistol - 1140 XP

DL44 XT - 1140 XP

Death- - 1140XP
Hammer Pistol

FWG5 Pistol - 1140 XP

Intimidator - 1140 XP
Pistol

Power5 Pistol - 1140 XP

Republic Blaster - 1140 XP

Scout Blaster - 1140 XP

Yes they all gave the same experience. I couldn't make 3 or 4 pistols due to not having the mats.
This is just the experience to make the weapon, it does not include experience for making the barrels, gas cartridges, or weapon cores.

I hope this helps, cheers!

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:39 pm

Ekroti wrote:I ran through some pistols to see what the Experience gain would be for a level 68 Munitions Trader, here are the results:

CDEF Pistol - 1140 XP

D18 Pistol - 1140 XP

DH17 Pistol - 1140 XP

DL44 Metal - 1140 XP
Pistol

DL44 Pistol - 1140 XP

DL44 XT - 1140 XP

Death- - 1140XP
Hammer Pistol

FWG5 Pistol - 1140 XP

Intimidator - 1140 XP
Pistol

Power5 Pistol - 1140 XP

Republic Blaster - 1140 XP

Scout Blaster - 1140 XP

Yes they all gave the same experience. I couldn't make 3 or 4 pistols due to not having the mats.
This is just the experience to make the weapon, it does not include experience for making the barrels, gas cartridges, or weapon cores.

I hope this helps, cheers!
Perfect, I will use a coffee break at work tomorrow to fill it in, if nobody beats me to it. You are correct, it should be XP from just the item, not its components, and no buff.

Why gather these numbers? In a way your very fist post gives the reply: 'what to craft that gives best bang for the buck?' But once Master it does not matter, it mattered more back before NGE when a character could drop his skill-set and select another profession-branch and had to level up again and needed tons of XP. I think Allakhazam has some old pages around on how professions were made up.

Safe travels
Simon

Ekroti
Novice Crafter

Post by Ekroti » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:47 am

No, I didn't have any XP gain buffs or crafting armor on when I did this just plain old straight up.

Also, I was doing some Galactic Civil War at Keren as a Helper making kits for players then started adding resources to Barricades and after a while I leveled. I looked to see what it was and it was the Barricade Collection which gave me some ungodly XP.

I will run some rifles this weekend to see what the XP gain is for them as well.

Please standby!

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:16 pm

cool, so invasions give great xp, awesome, how much? :D

Ekroti
Novice Crafter

Post by Ekroti » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:03 am

When I looked back I think I remember seeing 120k+ somewhere in that region.

Ekroti
Novice Crafter

Post by Ekroti » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:26 am

I made a couple of rifles and got the same exact XP as the pistols, so I'm guessing it will be the same for all the rest as well.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:40 am

Thanks a lot, however, the common rule that rules them all is: no guesses.
We have seen really, really odd things before in SWG, some which make absolutely no sense even to a lunatic 8)
We are happy for any input, keep up the great work but don't get stuck on it, for a Master XP is not at all important, but if you, me, and anybody else happen to obtain an unbuffed XP for something unknown, GREAT :D

/Zimoon