Help with a list of WS specific resources

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Weaponsmith Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Sahoir
Novice Crafter

Help with a list of WS specific resources

Post by Sahoir » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:29 am

Hi, I am new to the trader class and I am wanting to make a WS. I was wondering if there exists a list of specific resources for crafting weapons and their subcomponents that someone wouldn't mind providing me the link for. Or if someone could tell me the most important resources to gather so that I can be on the look out for a good spawn of those resources on my server. Thanks for your time!

-Sahoir

Zbignew
Intermediate Crafter

Re: Help with a list of WS specific resources

Post by Zbignew » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:39 am

Firstly, welcome to SWGCraft, hopefully you've read Zimoon's beginners guide for traders, otherwise he won't talk to you or help you :mrgreen: http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/guides.php?id=3
Of course 'weaponsmith' is now part of munitions trader along with 'armorsmith.

Here's the armorsmith resource list from the SWG forums:
http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/post ... _id=255902
Here's a list for weaponsmith (it's part way down the page):
http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/post ... _id=721571

With a little luck it will only take about 5 years to accumulate the really good stuff :shock:
but if you make some friends in the trade you'll be able to get some good stuff to start, best of luck.

Zbig
Proji--------------------------Syotr
Wannabe Droid Engineer-- Wannabe Ranger

Sahoir
Novice Crafter

Post by Sahoir » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:16 am

Much thanks. And yes I have read his beginning guide, it answered a lot of my questions. I read up on all the guides I could find before jumping into the tricky waters of a trader so that I wouldn't have to bother people with a question that had been answered elsewhere. But I couldn't find the answer to this one. But I enjoy the challenge of becoming a well known trader when so many excellent traders already exist. Hopefully I can find my own little niche to call home.

-Sahoir

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:51 am

Zbignew wrote:Firstly, welcome to SWGCraft, hopefully you've read Zimoon's beginners guide for traders, otherwise he won't talk to you or help you :mrgreen: ...
Lies, utter lies :twisted:
I always speek to everybody, at least I mutter "rtfm" :roll:

Welcome around Sahoir, welcome *waves*

I think I did see a list of AS resources for SWGAide guards somewhere, are there not?
Anyway, I am on it. having SWGAide extract lists of necessary resources given a profession :)
Stay tuned.

/Zimoon

tgthick
Novice Crafter

Post by tgthick » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:51 pm

Hey what's up from Shadowfire!!! Well lets see Armor/Weapon Smithing. I am relatively new to that career myself, but I would suggest getting plenty of Mineral, Chemical, and possibly Gas Extractors (at least 4 of each). I don't have the specific Carbonate Ore names for you now, but when those are spawned (hand dig for them first), and if the OQ and SR are good then place the extractors. Same with Polymer always have plenty of Polymer on hand as well as Fiberplast. I would suggest if you have a slot in your account to make yourself a Master Engineer, and crank up the BER of your hand digging. If your gonna go Armorsmithing too, then I would make good friends with a Tailor, and of course make really good friends with a combantent and a Entertainer. ALWAYS crate your components (regardless of what career you are).
I really wish that SOE would give traders some special moves. I would also move to a town that is a SAMPLE Rich community, and gives you the 15% crafters bonus. If you can't then I would have a DE make you a droid with the Handsampler, and a Weapons and Armor crafting station fixed to it. From at least there you can pull your droid out, and craft your product there and get the bonus.

Well this is ALL probably been given to you, but I thought I'd put my two cents in. At least do a little more contribution to the site then resource stats.
T'rip Tucker <Master> Strucutres
'Stonewall <Master> Domestics
-Ash <Master> Engineer
TP'ol <Master> Entertainer
-House <cl68> Medic
T'hirteen <Master> Munitions[/b][/i]

tgthick
Novice Crafter

Post by tgthick » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:52 pm

Oops a little post-script.

Also collect lots of Solid InertPetro Fuel.

ALWAYS don't rely on Mustafar for having good material for Weaponsmithing either.
T'rip Tucker <Master> Strucutres
'Stonewall <Master> Domestics
-Ash <Master> Engineer
TP'ol <Master> Entertainer
-House <cl68> Medic
T'hirteen <Master> Munitions[/b][/i]