which resists are important?

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Armorsmith Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Locked
TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:16 am
Location: Colorado

which resists are important?

Post by TradeMaster » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:53 am

So I've got my armorsmith up to 80ish (it changes) and I was beginning to think about maybe cooking up some armor specifically to go kimogilla and/or krayt hunting for my Ithorian. My question is:

What resists should I look to stack in the armor for maximum resists against these two beasties, and, is there a cap to the amount of resists one can get through armor? Don't worry Briafolk, I am in no way going to become a premier armor manufacturer, first of all I don't have the materials, and secondly, I don't have the motivation. I'm in munitions for the pet thingys that can be made in the munitions tree.

User avatar
thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:15 pm

Re: which resists are important?

Post by thegreywolfe » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:08 pm

TradeMaster wrote:So I've got my armorsmith up to 80ish (it changes) and I was beginning to think about maybe cooking up some armor specifically to go kimogilla and/or krayt hunting for my Ithorian. My question is:

What resists should I look to stack in the armor for maximum resists against these two beasties, and, is there a cap to the amount of resists one can get through armor? Don't worry Briafolk, I am in no way going to become a premier armor manufacturer, first of all I don't have the materials, and secondly, I don't have the motivation. I'm in munitions for the pet thingys that can be made in the munitions tree.
I'd recommend going for capped assault armor with possibly a kinetic layer added to it. And let me know what you need, I have tons of resources man.
Image

TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:16 am
Location: Colorado

Re: which resists are important?

Post by TradeMaster » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:27 am

So, no elementals necessary? Or is it just the one can cap all elementals in one suit? The red set you set me up with has been very very good to my engineer, with everything at 6k across the board. Is that standard or can one create better numbers for specialized needs (for example, Krayts and Kimos)

quantanao
Novice Crafter
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:40 am

Re: which resists are important?

Post by quantanao » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:01 pm

TradeMaster wrote:So, no elementals necessary?
Elemental Protection reduces the DoT / Elemental Damage. So in most cases this is only useful in PvP
TradeMaster wrote: Or is it just the one can cap all elementals in one suit? The red set you set me up with has been very very good to my engineer, with everything at 6k across the board. Is that standard or can one create better numbers for specialized needs (for example, Krayts and Kimos)
6k overall is standard capped battle armour

6600 kinetic
6600 energy
5400 Elemental

would be capped primus layered battle armour for example. For Kimos and Krayts i would say get maximum kinetic protection but i'm not sure what dmg they do. Best armour in this case would be kinetic layered assault armor. The kinetic protection cap is at 8200.

Hope that helps
Image

TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:16 am
Location: Colorado

Re: which resists are important?

Post by TradeMaster » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:59 pm

It does greatly, thank you for the teaching. I had never journeyed into either armorsmith or weaponsmith previously, so this is all new territory for me.

More new (old) guy questions:
THe synthetic cloth and reinforced fiberplast panels, does their quality matter, and the optional biological component, is that important for the armor making, or a holdover from when we could use peko and/or vorter scales in armor?

Bricon
Novice Crafter
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:06 am

Re: which resists are important?

Post by Bricon » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:18 am

The Panels and cloth don't have an effect on the armor constuction. The same thing applies to the bio components When it comes to it, the Armor Core is pretty much what you want to make sure is capped.

User avatar
thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:15 pm

Re: which resists are important?

Post by thegreywolfe » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:02 pm

Bricon wrote:The Panels and cloth don't have an effect on the armor constuction. The same thing applies to the bio components When it comes to it, the Armor Core is pretty much what you want to make sure is capped.
Although, capping your layers and your segments isn't a bad idea either if you can manage, reduces the required stats in the core a hair to cap them.
Image

TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:16 am
Location: Colorado

Re: which resists are important?

Post by TradeMaster » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:20 am

Well just playing around with segments so far, their effectiveness is VERY important to the final tally. making a standard cattle core from segs w/out experimentation I can experiment up to like 1600ish and with experiemnted up segments over 2400. (And I'm using junky resources)

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest