stats or percents

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Armorsmith Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

wuuk
Novice Crafter

stats or percents

Post by wuuk » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:18 am

wich is more important stats or the % to cap for example SR=953 @ 95.3% is good for armor but is SR= 65 @ 99.9% good. i'm thinking high stats + high % is good but low stats + hight % to cap is not good for armor is this right thx for your time for this newb ?

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: stats or percents

Post by Savacc » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:35 am

It depends on what the schematic calls for. If the schematic calls for a "named" resource then what matters is how close that resource comes to its "cap". If the schematic calls for a general "class" of resource then its the highest stat that is important, unless the "class" has a cap.

For example, if a schematic calls for Rhodium Steel which has a cap on SR of 500 - 565, then a Rhodium Steel with SR 550 would be awesome. However, if the schematic calls for just "Steel", then that Rhodium would suck, because there are other steels that can get to SR 1000.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:18 am

wuuk wrote:wich is more important stats or the % to cap for example SR=953 @ 95.3% is good for armor but is SR= 65 @ 99.9% good. i'm thinking high stats + high % is good but low stats + hight % to cap is not good for armor is this right thx for your time for this newb ?
To be able to understand your own question you must know where and why caps sometimes count and sometimes not. Knowing that and you have the answer. All i s read in my Beginners Guide for Traders, stickied in the General Crafting board.

Caps apply only if the schematics calls for a resource class that has caps, then the caps of that resource class is used in the formula. If the schematic calls for a class that does not have caps but you can use a sub-class which has caps, then you are at loss.

For example: Colat Iron has a cap on CD at 332 while Iron has a cap at 500. If have that awesome Colar iron with CD = 332 but the schematics calls for Iron, you can never get a better result than 332/500= 66.4%. Even worse if the schematic calls for Ferrous Metal or any of its super class since these have the cap at 650 and no cap respectively at CD.

To know how high the end result can be you need to weigh in all different resource classes and their eventual caps. Not to duplicate anything I refer you to the Beginners Guide.

Welcome about and have fun crafting :D

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:19 am

It's not good taking a coffee before hitting Submit, then Savacc turns up :P

/Z

thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter

Post by thegreywolfe » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:19 pm

Here is some additional information to help you.

Lunariel's Guide to Resource Capshttp://www.swgcraft.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29

As a standard rule though when making armor these days, OQ and SR are the only stats of importance. DR is still used in the final step when putting the cores into and actually creating the armor, however seeing as the only effect that has is experimentation on durability, it's better just to be cheap with those resources.

Also, if you're new to crafting, I highly recommend Zimoon's guide in the General Crafting section of this forum.