expertise questions

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Armorsmith Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter

expertise questions

Post by TradeMaster » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:44 am

This is more of a munitions in general question. I know with my Droid Engineer, as long as I have some droid experimentation SEAs, I wind up having extra points left over even when making capped items. Well as I'm planning on using my munitions guy to go out and collect DNA and cook the huevos, and looking at expertise, if I can get away with not taking the one extra experimentation point I can use that point to increase my incubator efficiency.

thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter

Re: expertise questions

Post by thegreywolfe » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:54 pm

TradeMaster wrote:This is more of a munitions in general question. I know with my Droid Engineer, as long as I have some droid experimentation SEAs, I wind up having extra points left over even when making capped items. Well as I'm planning on using my munitions guy to go out and collect DNA and cook the huevos, and looking at expertise, if I can get away with not taking the one extra experimentation point I can use that point to increase my incubator efficiency.
It all depends on what all you will be using your munitions guy for. If it's just SEA crafting and cooking pets, then it is possible. The problem is, you are better off collecting dna with your combat toon then with your trader. It works like this.

General Expertise - 14 points total to get the RE bonus (well worth it, too!)
Munitions Expertise - 17 points to get the ability to create SEAs.

This leaves you with 14 points to put into beastmaster expertise.
If you put your expertise remaining completely into BM, then you will have to skip on DNA harvesting and take a 1 point hit on incubation time.

I tried it that route myself and you either have to do RE or BM, but working both you will loose a little something on your BM work.

None of the Trader's classes will allow you to do fully in both.

TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by TradeMaster » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:57 am

My thought... was to have my droid engineer specialize in growing bits. once they are at the right size, use my weaponsmith to SEA them. So I run down the armor side to pick up the abilityto make SEAs and multi-tiered SEAs. Then the rest of the points go toward BM dna collecting. lemme pull up my chart thingy real quick....

like this:
<a href="http://www.golegend.com/swg/expertise/i ... 30b6330100"> My Expertise Template </a>

It gives me mostly full points for armor, (weapons, until they become viable, really aren't) It gives me the two boxes I need for making SEAs for armor, and it gives me the full right side of the BM breeding tree. (and 7 points left over that I tossed in the production) My smuggler can go ahead and raise 'em and train 'em and all that jazz.

Making the +35s I'm going with my Droid engineer to pump up the power bits. (DE's don't need the extra point in experimenting as long as the have a DE breast, shirt and weapon, and well half our specialization tree is for weapons see munitions commentary)

thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter

Post by thegreywolfe » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:57 pm

I looked at your setup man, the only problem I see is that you've given up the RE bonus, but otherwise that looks just fine. However, if you're not going for the RE bonus, than you can drop what you have in production and use that 7 points elsewhere.

Now, if you are going to RE with the same toon, here's the best layout I can see.

http://www.golegend.com/swg/expertise/i ... 0b6330100#

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:07 pm

Kind of curious. How did this work out?

TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by TradeMaster » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:46 pm

I'm only 86 still I got all kinds of tired of practicing personal harvesters at 4k xp per to get the 600k xp to level up, and moved to making pet stims, which the xp is much worse, 1,425 per stim, but at least I can sell them and recoup some of my expenses. I've got a slightly new concept of the expertise I will post in a moment. (from playing with the calculator thingy.)

This is what I'm looking at for 90:

My Expertise Template

Now I get zero harvesting bonuses, but then again I also can only place 2 elites with Yajabroni due to owning a house.

I get almost the full line of weapons, (there is no extra goodies on the weapons side of the tree, dang SOE jerkfaces) armor is complete and I get the ability to make multi-stat SEAs. The socket tool has already been crated by my droid engineer, (I tested and it makes armor thingys as well) My droid engineer is the RE monkey to build the bits, so I don't have to worry about getting any of the other RE enhancements, as all Yajabroni going to do is point and click.

Beast mastery is all to the right, and goes to allowing for the creation of mounts, however my incubation time is still at the default span. Not a big worry if it takes a bit longer to cook up the huevos, they're not a big feature of the store, and really because I am pretty much a jerk, will be selling them for a pittance. I don't imagine them to be on my vendor for more than a day or two whenever I dump one out.

I just cooked up the DE parts for enzyme extractors, and I'm looking for some lg ore to pass on to my domestics contact to get the sub portion cooked up, and then I'll be enzyme extracting, and will initialize my first incubator. (I've got a 4.0 quality sitting in my house waiting for me to respec my munitions properly)
Last edited by TradeMaster on Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter

Post by thegreywolfe » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:59 pm

Pretty good set there, that should handle most of what you need.