Question on RIS

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Armorsmith Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Feralmonkey
Artisan Forum Moderator

Question on RIS

Post by Feralmonkey » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:08 am

OK I just got a friends account RIS certified, a question I have is: Which is more important the quality of the Cores to make the armor, or the quality of the resources.

The reason I ask is because the resources I have cap at about 75% for the RIS armor itself (Though I have server cap cores). I'm wondering if I and my friend shoud use 2 of our multiple resource deeds to get server cap resources for the RIS armor itself.
Kerrimumykamm Former Master Jedi Ahazi
Feralmonkey Former Master Domestics Ahazi

Feralmonkey play tester of Basilisk on the EMU
Feralmonkey Master Rifles but doing the Hologrind on Exile of the EMU

I helped uncover the Stormtubber plot with Eevaa

thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter

Re: Question on RIS

Post by thegreywolfe » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:29 pm

Feralmonkey wrote:OK I just got a friends account RIS certified, a question I have is: Which is more important the quality of the Cores to make the armor, or the quality of the resources.

The reason I ask is because the resources I have cap at about 75% for the RIS armor itself (Though I have server cap cores). I'm wondering if I and my friend shoud use 2 of our multiple resource deeds to get server cap resources for the RIS armor itself.
Definately the cores. The resources used on the RIS armor stats don't matter, so don't bother wasting resource deeds or any high end resources for the RIS, just work an getting your cores as high as possible.

Feralmonkey
Artisan Forum Moderator

Post by Feralmonkey » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:21 am

Thank you, thats what I thought, that the resource quality only effects 'condition' that was once needed for Decay.
Kerrimumykamm Former Master Jedi Ahazi
Feralmonkey Former Master Domestics Ahazi

Feralmonkey play tester of Basilisk on the EMU
Feralmonkey Master Rifles but doing the Hologrind on Exile of the EMU

I helped uncover the Stormtubber plot with Eevaa

thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter

Post by thegreywolfe » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:39 pm

Feralmonkey wrote:Thank you, thats what I thought, that the resource quality only effects 'condition' that was once needed for Decay.
That's correct. Now, it's not worth spending the time on condition, so you'll save money on resources and time on crafting.

xase
Novice Crafter

Post by xase » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:51 am

The resources for the RIS Segments are only to craft them. there is no Condition or something like this.
So the quality for RIS Segment resources can be at 1, it´s regardless.
Xasi Zoly
13 pt. Imperial Master Armorsmith
R.I.S. Certificated
Custom Orders only
13 pt. Master Weaponsmith
Xasi´s Master Armorsmith Guide in German

LONEO
Novice Crafter

Post by LONEO » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:50 pm

its al about the cores if u capp them then ur set id only worry about capping on final build if they bring decay back which they wont