Multiple Armors or Multiple bags of SEAs?

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Armorsmith Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Multiple Armors or Multiple bags of SEAs?

Post by fridge33sam » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:36 pm

Like many folks out there, I want to try a few set ups for my armor. I am a BH (not a very good one), and I have heard several rumors of the SEAs and standard attachments that will help the most.

My question boils down to this: Would it be easier and/or cheaper to swap out the attachments as I need them versus having a completely different suit for each set up that I want?

I know next to nothing about the attachments, how they are made, or applied, only that I was able to put one on my Master Bowcaster without any help late one night. :?
Iron Chef Slakkarr CEO, Fishboi Industries

Guild Joker Nagurra CFO, Wookhunter Enterprises

All Vendors located in Ft Revolt, 800 Meters from the Rebel Outpost on Rori, Flurry Server.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Multiple Armors or Multiple bags of SEAs?

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:39 pm

I guess it first of all depends on the value of the suit. I mean, it is definitely cheaper to replace SEAs an your Mandalorian Armor than replacing the armor.

Second, somewhere there must be a trade-off where one is cheaper than the other.

Third, unless the armor is bio-linked it is always possible to sell it, assuming the armor and the SEAs were useful in the first place.

Prices differ wildly between galaxies, and even within a galaxy, but usually it is possible to barter with a RE trader while not that easily with an AS, unless you are both in the same guild. See Reverse Engineering -- A Customers 101 on how to be more self sustained and also on how to help your guilds traders. While at that forum, find Reverse Engineering 101.

SEAs are in themselves not hard at all to create, it is the iterative process to boost the power bits that takes the workload and lots of junk loot plus crates of crap items with sockets. Some junk loot for the modifiers are more rare than others, but is usually not that of a problem. Still, the massive work and the junk loot it takes drives the price nuts, not to speak of the porr trader 8)

/Zimoon

MoonDragn
Apprentice Crafter

Post by MoonDragn » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:29 pm

Just to clarify some thing for people that don't know, yes, you can make a socket tool for removing the SEA from the sockets. However, those SEAs are destroyed, you don't recover it.

Something to consider.

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:31 pm

MoonDragn wrote:Just to clarify some thing for people that don't know, yes, you can make a socket tool for removing the SEA from the sockets. However, those SEAs are destroyed, you don't recover it.

Something to consider.
I think that solves it then. I will just have to bite the cryobeam and have multiple suits made. This is not going to be fun, especially since I mix my armor pieces to get all 9 (I'm a wookiee).
Iron Chef Slakkarr CEO, Fishboi Industries

Guild Joker Nagurra CFO, Wookhunter Enterprises

All Vendors located in Ft Revolt, 800 Meters from the Rebel Outpost on Rori, Flurry Server.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:27 pm

Thanks Moon :mrgreen: