What to look for in resources

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Armorsmith Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Adin
Novice Crafter

What to look for in resources

Post by Adin » Sat May 02, 2009 2:17 pm

Hello i'm new to armorsmith and crafting in general I already have a chef so not super new but what i need to know is what should i be looking for in the resources im after since chef is basicly two stats to look for its pretty simple. However when i saw the complexity of what it takes to make armor I knew i needed great resources all around so if anyone feels up to explaining this I would appriciated it and i bet i'll have plenty of more questions about armorsmith down the road.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: What to look for in resources

Post by Zimoon » Sat May 02, 2009 3:24 pm

What to look for is always read in the draft schematics and they are always found in your datapad.

That said, I realize that there is no beginners guide or AS at this site, perhaps about time some good smith write such a guide. However, most of the stuff you need is 50/50 for SR/UT. The stickied thread just above this one has a file of AS guards that can be imported into SWGAide and you will have a quick start into harvesting what you need ;)

If you don't use SWGAide already, see my signature.

/Zimoon

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Sat May 02, 2009 3:48 pm

Zimoon wrote:... stuff you need is 50/50 for SR/UT. ...
OQ / SR ;)
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE

Adin
Novice Crafter

Post by Adin » Tue May 05, 2009 3:42 pm

i actually have a question about swgaide how do i actually use it i haven't looked into it much but read some of the setup.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue May 05, 2009 8:20 pm

Belisama wrote:
Zimoon wrote:... stuff you need is 50/50 for SR/UT. ...
OQ / SR ;)
:oops:
How could I ever do that mistake?
/target Zimoon
/off-to-clean-glasses

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue May 05, 2009 8:27 pm

Adin wrote:i actually have a question about swgaide how do i actually use it i haven't looked into it much but read some of the setup.
Hmmm, SWGAide has several features which I believe is best described by exploring them first-hand :)

Remember the built-in help system, whenever you need to, press F1 or go to the Help menu :P

So, installation is described in the readme file at the download site but is as simple as saving the JAR file in a new folder of your choice and double clicking the JAR file (or if you drag-and-create a shortcut onto your desktop) and following the initialization steps.

Using it as simple as selecting a tab for the different main features. Probably you want to setup some details at Options >> SWGCraft, and if you want to use ISDroids you perhaps want to select or deselect some options in Options >> ISDroid. That is about it to get started, the rest is to play around and to find out what is useful for you or what is not. And to press F1 whenever :D

/Zimoon