ARmour crafting and the number of layers?!

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Armorsmith Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Penfolde
Novice Crafter

ARmour crafting and the number of layers?!

Post by Penfolde » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:27 pm

Hi all

What is the different between one armour Energy layer and two armour Energy layers in createing Assault amour core?

Penfolde

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Re: ARmour crafting and the number of layers?!

Post by Memnoc » Tue May 12, 2009 1:59 am

I have a question too. As a armour smith I have too craft armor layers for other segments. I noticed that on the under heat armor layer the number was 86. I compared it too a few others and theres was 45. Is that good or bad. And when making layers how do you compare what is good or bad.

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Memnoc » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:08 pm

And what is cap for layers is it between the 90+ range ???

MoonDragn
Apprentice Crafter

Post by MoonDragn » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:39 pm

The cap for the basic layers is at 100, so 95+ would be very good. The cap for the advanced Layers is at 50, so 45+ is very good.

Layers are usually for moving your armor protection around, by adding to one area and subtracting to another. You don't need Layers to make your armor and it is recomended that you don't use Layers unless you really want to move that protection around.

Alot of people use primus layers because it increases Kinetic and Energy at the expense of elemental protection. Most mobs do Kinetic or energy dmg so it is good for PVE.

The difference in having 1 vs 2 layers is just that, 1 primus layer would add +45 to kinetic and energy while subtracting -45 from all the elemental protections, while 2 primus layers would do +90 and -90 respectively.