Armorsmith Guards for SWGAide

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Armorsmith Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Armorsmith Guards for SWGAide

Post by Zimoon » Mon May 18, 2009 7:00 pm

Sgtfugu wrote:Hmm, is it just me or, how do i add the files to the program ?
Welcome to SWGCraft and congrats to your first post here :)

Most features are at the right mouse button. In this case, right-click the area for guards (the resource tab, current resources, and the small panels upper/right) and choose "Import guards" and navigate to the file you want to import. Remember to regularly do the opposite for guards and inventory, right click and export to a backup file of your choice.

Remember that documentation (help files) are brought up by pressing the F1 key at your keyboard, or the menu option Help. The help system is kind of context sensitive so you will most often read different text at different panels.

Cheers

/Zimoon

Syffs
Novice Crafter

Post by Syffs » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:52 am

Hi,

I've just found out this tool which seems awsome and I wanted to use the guard files some people posted on this forum but downloads don't work anymore. So I was wondering there was a link available with all these guards (AS, SW, WS, etc...).

Thanks in advance!

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:10 pm

Welcome around Syffs, good to have you here :D

The post you are looking for is at http://www.swgcraft.org/forums/viewtopi ... =29&t=1217

Now on another topic. You posted a bunch of creature resources for Chimaera earlier today, I noticed since one resource I reported yesterday was marked unavailable today :shock:

Iedarr, Corellian Wooly Hide
Iajahe, Dathomirian Animal Bones
Akisy, Dantooine Carnivore Meat
Eumuh, Endorian Carnivore Meat
Stogibu, Kashyyykian Animal Bones
Eukrasio, Dathomirian Bristley Hide

However, now you have marked all of them unavailable. I believe these resources have never existed at Chimaera, have they?

If a resource is added erratically, then you cannot just mark it unavailable. That will block that name for the future and when a resource with that particular name eventually spawns the name "is taken".

You should rather report the mistake at the forum board http://www.swgcraft.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=17 so the moderators can erase it from the database. Also see the "guide" in that forum board on how to deal with the site.

So, my question is, before I go and erase these resources from the database, have they ever existed at Chimaera? If so I will let them stay with the stats they have :) Otherwise I will pull out my big eraser 8)

Greetings

/Zimoon

Syffs
Novice Crafter

Post by Syffs » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:07 am

Hi,

Theses resources do exist on chimaera as I have them, but they weren't available in the database so I added them. The thing is that they all spawned a while ago but I didn't find any option to declare them as old resources... Sorry, if i did something wrong, it wasn't my intention :P.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:39 am

Syffs wrote:Hi,

Theses resources do exist on chimaera as I have them, but they weren't available in the database so I added them. The thing is that they all spawned a while ago but I didn't find any option to declare them as old resources... Sorry, if i did something wrong, it wasn't my intention :P.
Thanks a lot for your reply Syffs, good that I di not delete them then :)

Now, if you add Organic resources they will mark spawning resources as unavailable. That is since for Organic resources there can only be one of each kind spawning at any given time. A convenience thing that has unwanted effects ;)

So, when about to add "old resources", at the page Add Resources, find the the text
"Want to add a historical ("Out Of Spawn") resource? Click here!" and you are all set up for fight :mrgreen:

At this point we will do nothing, the resources are already in the database now and the spawning resources are reinstated, everything is fine and dandy. Safe travels.

/Zimoon

EDITED: Actually, the information about adding old resources is found in http://www.swgcraft.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1270

vagrant
Novice Crafter

Post by vagrant » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:57 pm

Does anyone have a copy of the guard file for AS? It appears the link on the top post is broken.
Thanks

sifu69
Novice Crafter

Post by sifu69 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:42 pm

Can someone post or PM a copy of the guard file for AS? It appears the link on the top post is broken.
Thank You

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:01 am

I have replaced the old file with a one I happened to have -- at work loo and behold 8)

Please report any errors as the file was from March 2009.

/Zimoon

vagrant
Novice Crafter

Post by vagrant » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:38 pm

Thanks Mate!!! :D

Attoy
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Attoy » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:49 pm

I'm going to retrieve AS resources 'cause I wanna try the AS' munitions branch too. I've already got the WS guards imported on SWGAide and now I downloaded the AS guards file, imported on SWGAide and all works like a charm. Just a quick question, on the WS guards file the threshold is 960 meanwhile in the AS guards file is 800.

So I got a doubt, Does the '800 threshold' permit me to cap armors?

Thanks in advance for your support and sorry for the dumb question but I've got a lot to learn.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:57 pm

No, 800 is for newbies that do not have a inventory full of the best stuff :)

When you go along and fill up inventory you also want to update 800 to what is best in stock, and so forth, until you ultimately reach 960.

If you already have best-of-the-best, export all guards, open the file in for example MS Notepad, search&replace all 800 to 960, delete all guards in SWGAide, import the edited guards.

/Zimoon

Attoy
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Attoy » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:00 pm

Zimoon wrote:If you already have best-of-the-best, export all guards, open the file in for example MS Notepad, search&replace all 800 to 960, delete all guards in SWGAide, import the edited guards.
This is exactly the answer I was looking for! :)

Thanks Z :wink: