Droid harvesting modules

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Droid Engineer Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

De'vinchi
Novice Crafter

Droid harvesting modules

Post by De'vinchi » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:01 pm

What is the best way to max out a module for harvesting? What sort of rating am I looking for? does the harvest end up in the player inventory or elsewhere? :?:

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: Droid harvesting modules

Post by Savacc » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:52 am

Im not a real Droid Engineer, nor do I play one, so until a real DE responds I can tell you that Harvesting modules in a droid is one of the places where quality does matter and you want the most you can get. I believe 120 is the max, by placing 6 harvesting mods with 20 ratings in a droid socket designed to hold 6 non combat modules.

Once your Harvesting Droid is programed, by choosing between meat, bone or hide, then either selecting "auto harvest" or giving the "harvest" command to the droid, the desired resources will appear in your inventory. On "auto harvest" the droid will harvest any corpse that you kill. The "harvest" command requires you to target the corpse and give the command. I write a simple macro to "tellpet harvest" and bind it to my keyboard.

Zbignew
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Zbignew » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:50 pm

Pretty good explanation Savaac for a non-engineer. Actually socket clusters take 3 modules so you'll first need to craft 6 capped (lvl 20) harvest modules and then craft 2 general socket modules to get your max of 120 harvest bonus. If you don't have the resources to cap the modules, there isn't a huge difference in harvesting between 19's and 20's. Pick a droid schematic that will hold at least those 2 clusters (R3 advanced for example) and build away. Good luck and welcome to SWGCraft.

Zbig
Proji--------------------------Syotr
Wannabe Droid Engineer-- Wannabe Ranger

De'vinchi
Novice Crafter

Post by De'vinchi » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:46 pm

Thank you both for the info. I will give it a try.

sambril
Novice Crafter

Post by sambril » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:06 pm

Yes the cap on an individual harvest module is 20.

You can get the maximum of 120 bonus by including 6 in either an R3 Advanced or a Mining Droid Mk 3. If you also include the equivalent of a level 6 armor module the droid will be level 30 with 6000 protection. You can use a single level 6 armor module or any 2 module with a combined Armor Module Rating of 11 or more (I like to use 2 level 3 experimented up to about 50% so they have a rating of 6 each).

An alternative is to use a Probot Advanced. This can only hold 5 harvest modules for a maximum bonus of 100, but in addition it can hold 3 combat modules of any type. I like to use regenerative plating, droideka shields and one of the direct attack modules; electric shocker or torture panel. This makes a droid that can be CL63 (CL60 for non-traders) with 7500 protection. It only loses a little in harvest ability but is far more robust in combat which can be a consideration when tackling mobs with AoE attacks.

A third possibility which can be useful for traders gathering their own resources is to use one of the 12 module droids; Super Battle Droid, CWW8 or Guardian Mk II. They can only hold 3 harvest modules for a maximum bonus of 60, but they can also hold 9 combat modules. This allows them to have all 6 droid specials up to level 3, CL90 with 10500 armor. The SBD and CWW8 are ranged attack and the Guardian is melee so it is usually close to the corpse which can make harvesting faster. A CL90 droid makes a good companion for a trader but would be reduced to CL60 when called by a non trader so the Probot would be a better choice for non traders as a harvest droid.

Also when harvesting creatures be sure to support your local chef and use Veghash - it will have far more of an effect than small differences in droid harvest ratings.
(former) Engineering Senator

Sambril Starlight, FarStar: Elder Entertainer, Alliance General (retired), Basilisk: Master Entertainer, Master Dancer, Musician, Image Designer.
Joylin Lightstar, FarStar: Elder Droid Engineer, Basilisk: Droid Engineer