Combat toon max droid level

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Droid Engineer Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

chefastro
Novice Crafter

Combat toon max droid level

Post by chefastro » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:04 pm

Returning player, limited on internet searches due to firewall. Luckily this site an excellent one is not blocked.

Been looking and looking, but cant get a straight answer, what level combat droid (max) can a combat toon use?
I understand traders now can use a level 90 ie super battle droid.

Lastly, i understand there are some other enginner schems available thru certain quests, factions etc. Is there any info that be posted here about it, again i apologize for posing any inconveniance.

Thx in advance.

Zbignew
Intermediate Crafter

Re: Combat toon max droid level

Post by Zbignew » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:02 pm

chefastro wrote:Returning player, limited on internet searches due to firewall. Luckily this site an excellent one is not blocked.
Welcome back!!
Been looking and looking, but cant get a straight answer, what level combat droid (max) can a combat toon use?
I understand traders now can use a level 90 ie super battle droid.
Combat toons are limited to level 60 (regardless of droid level) as long as its no more than 5 levels above the toon. Specials are limited to level 1.
Lastly, i understand there are some other enginner schems available thru certain quests, factions etc. Is there any info that be posted here about it, again i apologize for posing any inconveniance.
Here's a link to all engineer schems http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/schematics. ... 11&le=&ca=
I don't know of any lists of just the special quest schematics, etc.

Have fun!!
Zbig
Proji--------------------------Syotr
Wannabe Droid Engineer-- Wannabe Ranger

sambril
Novice Crafter

Re: Combat toon max droid level

Post by sambril » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:21 am

You can ready or call a droid that is up to 5 levels above your own. When added to your datapad is will retain the level of the deed. However if you are a non-trader when you call a droid that is above CL60 it will be reduced to CL60. It will keep the armor value of the higher level droid.

Non-traders are also limited to level 1 of the specials regardless of their associated values, but for traders the level of the special is determined by the value: 1-49 for level 1, 50-99 for level 2 and 100+ for level 3.

Most engineering schematics are granted on the profession wheel, a few are granted through expertise and there are some loot and collection items also. In addition there are some reward vehicles that can be deconstructed to a single use schematic and then recrafted by engineers.
(former) Engineering Senator

Sambril Starlight, FarStar: Elder Entertainer, Alliance General (retired), Basilisk: Master Entertainer, Master Dancer, Musician, Image Designer.
Joylin Lightstar, FarStar: Elder Droid Engineer, Basilisk: Droid Engineer