DE Schematics Need some Love

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Droid Engineer Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

DE Schematics Need some Love

Post by Zimoon » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:47 am

Fellow Droid Engineers,

While working with SWGAide and the schematics support I noticed that the categorization of droid components are messed up. I can only guess that once upon a time somebody not familiar with how component categories work got it all wrong.

Now we find many modules categorized somewhere under clusters. It is true that clusters take these modules, and often a limited set of modules, but that does not mean that the component category is under some cluster.

I could fix this all on my own, of course, but to save me the time, which I then spend on SWGAide, I ask somebody who is familiar with DE, to have a look and patch it up. Please :)

First, have a look at Schematics Maintainers - - - Hints, Tips, and Rules, especially about categories.

Then, unless you already are a schematics maintainer, apply in clicky.

Thanks in advance
/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: DE Schematics Need some Love

Post by Zimoon » Sat May 01, 2010 4:19 pm

With good help of HydroTek I have studied the schematics and the different guides out there.
I have not made more than a very limited number of tests in-game but I am coding away at SWGAide 8)

It is also a long time since I did some serious crafting with droids, nowadays I more craft on demand for myself or friends and then I hardly pay attention to the details :roll:

Today there are some serious flaws in how schematics are wired up. Mainly around "clusters" and their sub-comps.
These is my suggestions on what needs to be rewired. Comments are appreciated before we ask Sobuno to do anything.

First a question:
In a schematic, component slots that call for a certain kind of cluster, are they replaceable for a "weaker" cluster? My assumption is they are not, verify please.

Then (assuming my assumption about clusters is correct):
  • Remove all component categories for clusters, numbers 613, 614, and 616, but not 615
    --- the clusters are schematics wired directly under "Droid Component [Component]", nothing else
  • Make the category Droid Combat Module (no 615) wired under Combat Capable Service Modules, no 432
  • Make category Droid Service Module Harness (no 448) wired under Combat Capable Service Modules, no 432
Effectively this means that a user that clicks Combat Capable Service Module will see both the combat side and the non-combat side, which is what that category grants in accordance with the schematics that calls for it. A click at the more narrow categories for combat and non-combat shows only their content respectively.

I am quite sure most schematics are properly wired already, I found one today that was not but it was an exception I guess.

While you guys respond and we wait for a definite decision I will go and have a 99:th look at some details :lol:

/Zimoon

HydroTek
Intermediate Crafter

Post by HydroTek » Sat May 01, 2010 6:04 pm

Zimoon wrote:First a question:
In a schematic, component slots that call for a certain kind of cluster, are they replaceable for a "weaker" cluster? My assumption is they are not, verify please.
:arrow: You are correct, only clusters of the called for type can be used - no substitution.

Side note: I pulled the page from my example website, because I found a circular reference reguarding Droid brain. I don't believe the "fix" will be so easy.
Using the rule 'the greater contains the lesser', Socket cluster combat and general ..will contain all other modules and clusters.

I am still in the learning phase for relational DB, so I may have overlooked something :roll:
If it's stuck :x ...force it ...if it breaks, :shock: you needed a new one anyway :)
Characters(Legends): HydroTek, Ditty, and Talo ..give a shout if you see me in game

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat May 01, 2010 6:58 pm

HydroTek wrote:
Zimoon wrote:I am still in the learning phase for relational DB, so I may have overlooked something :roll:
I guess here it is less about relational databases, as opposed to any other kind of database (which are a lot harder to explain) but it is just about what terms and "wiring" that is used by schematics in SWG. Unless we are just talking between each other about the very same topic :)

Relational database to me, that is for example whatever that use any flavor of SQL to be useful. You may mean something else ;)

Thanks for your feedback. Then...

... Sobuno, whenever you have the energy for it :lol:

/Zimoon

PS: I have already re-categorized the 3 socket cluster schematics so that should be fine anyway. They link directly to the Droid Component [Component] already.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun May 02, 2010 1:37 am

Checked and checked again. Everything works find with the 3 cluster schematics moved to under Droid Components. Now the mentioned component categories can be moved and then the empty cluster categories can be removed. Then I think DE is OK :mrgreen:

/Zimoon