Auto - Repair

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Droid Engineer Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

dareninger
Novice Crafter

Auto - Repair

Post by dareninger » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:30 pm

Few Auto-Repair questions-

1) Is auto repair necessary with regen plating?

2) Is there recommended amount used? I socketed 3 100% in a gen harness to get 75 auto repair. Is 25 usually enough?

Thanks,

Repentence - Bria

Reeth
I came here on the bandwagon

Re: Auto - Repair

Post by Reeth » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:00 am

An auto repair rating of 75 would heal 75 points of health every 10 seconds. Level 1 regenerative plating will heal 1500 points with a cooldown of 16 seconds. So not particularly useful by comparison. In a high level droid the loss of a combat module to fit one of these would reduce the droid's armor value which would probably negate the benefit obtained from it.

The only advantage to the auto repair module is that it is an area of effect device that heals all friendly droids in range for the same amount, which could be of benefit to a large enough group of droids all healing each other. This module is another one of those left over from before the NGE (possibly even pre-CU but my memory is a bit fuzzy* on the details of those halcyon days) when combat stats were very different, and it has never been updated.

* Must be getting old...

dareninger
Novice Crafter

Re: Auto - Repair

Post by dareninger » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:04 pm

As always thanks for the info :) Appreciate your time.