New DE, looking for expertese information

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Droid Engineer Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Xarien
Novice Crafter

New DE, looking for expertese information

Post by Xarien » Thu May 21, 2009 12:39 am

hey everyone, im a new DE, and was wondering if anyone has good ideas on how to speand my expertese points...i tried to spend them my way, but seems i went about it all wrong, so im looking for different variations of spec'ing, all comments are welcome

(if you could please explaine why you spec'ed the way you did also)
Thanks in advance!

Xarien

Tech Twin
Intermediate Crafter

Re: New DE, looking for expertese information

Post by Tech Twin » Thu May 21, 2009 2:13 am

There aren't really too many choices. The right half of your ENgineer tree is useless unless you want to make weapon attachments, I hate REing so I don't much about it. But I'd go through Artisan's Advanced theory and left full out if you want to make droids. Then, I'd take the 7 points in extraction techniques under general.

After that the remaining 10 points can be used for crafting mounts or increasing your vendor/harvester/factorys... it really just depends on what you like playing.

I do suggest 1 point in beast mastery so you can use your hand sampling pet ability but after that its up to you.

DE's are kinda bjorked right now but I LOVE droids so I'm sticking it out... we're supposed to have an update this year so it should be a nice x-mas present I think.

The Namasoon Zoo as featured on Garva's "Home Show"; Nostalgia from SWG of Old!

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: New DE, looking for expertese information

Post by Zimoon » Thu May 21, 2009 11:42 am

I agree with TT, at this point there is not much fun in DE, not that it is totally bad but there are not too many choices. So the question is, what do you want to do with your DE? Take expertize from that.

Artisan items is mainly for stuff you learn below level 30-something and not a whole lot must be HQ. Resource refinery is a must no matter what, or you will hardly be able to cap anything. Harvesting is nice.

Since the cost for respecing your expertise decays one point a month you do not have to be cautious about that expense would you want to respec later on.

Whatever you do, the most important thing is to have fun :D

And finally, welcome around, good to see new DEs here :)

/Zimoon