A news update :)

The purpose of this board is for any announcements by the developers. Only developers can start topics on this board.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Sobuno
Developer

A news update :)

Post by Sobuno »

So, having just coded the box for quick-entering of resources, I thougth I'd drop a news post in here.

We're nearing release now, but we still got some things needing attention (Such as "Find Resources"). I'd expect us to give out a release date before the end of August, we just need to discuss it in the development team.

Slyvampy's been working very hard the last couple of months at his RL job, but has snuck in some time for development on SWGCraft (Even though you might not have seen many posts from him :)). You should be seeing some of his changes soon.

Work has begun on the moderation system, which hopefully, when finished, should allow every user of the site to edit resources (caps and which stats), server resources (stats and type) (Currently possible anyway), add new servers, add new planets, add new schematics and edit schematics (XP, complexity, name, learned at, what resources it uses, what components it uses). There is currently no ETA on the moderation system as we would like to incorporate it in as many parts of the site as possible.
Milla
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Milla »

Nice :) /cheers

One remark though: it is only a formatting issue, but the resource names should be capitalized even if the contributor had not capitalized the first letter of the resources.
Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno »

Milla wrote:Nice :) /cheers

One remark though: it is only a formatting issue, but the resource names should be capitalized even if the contributor had not capitalized the first letter of the resources.
Done :)
Milla
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Milla »

Sobuno wrote:

However, there are two more issues:

a) Unknown non-ferrous metal is not recognized. I tried to use abbreviated form, e.g. unkn non-ferr, the full form with capitalization "Unknown Non-Ferrous Metal", and the mass input interface fails to recognize it.

b) I see that the Current Resources page uses the Resource tree structure to list the resources for each planet. However, it is very inconvenient because when a contributor alt-tabs to the site to check for existing and new resources, the listing on the mineral survey device is different.
(Radioactive, Solid Fuel, Ferrous (Uknown Ferrous, Steel, Iron), Non-Ferrous (Unknown non-ferrous, aluminum, copper), then Low-grade ore (Extrusive, Intrusive, Carbonate, Siliclastic), Gemstones (Amorphous, Crystalline).

I recognize that this work may take longer than a few days, but now it is very clumsy that I have to skip forward and back in the listing while comparing it to the survey device readings so I suggest that the resource listing should match the listing on the survey devices.
Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno »

Milla wrote:
Sobuno wrote:

However, there are two more issues:

a) Unknown non-ferrous metal is not recognized. I tried to use abbreviated form, e.g. unkn non-ferr, the full form with capitalization "Unknown Non-Ferrous Metal", and the mass input interface fails to recognize it.

b) I see that the Current Resources page uses the Resource tree structure to list the resources for each planet. However, it is very inconvenient because when a contributor alt-tabs to the site to check for existing and new resources, the listing on the mineral survey device is different.
(Radioactive, Solid Fuel, Ferrous (Uknown Ferrous, Steel, Iron), Non-Ferrous (Unknown non-ferrous, aluminum, copper), then Low-grade ore (Extrusive, Intrusive, Carbonate, Siliclastic), Gemstones (Amorphous, Crystalline).

I recognize that this work may take longer than a few days, but now it is very clumsy that I have to skip forward and back in the listing while comparing it to the survey device readings so I suggest that the resource listing should match the listing on the survey devices.
Issue A fixed

Issue B would me a much larger task to do which I can't undertake currently... Will look into it later
Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno »

Well, I looked into it and turns out it isn't that big a task anyway, just changing some sorting parameters and introducing a new field in the database... Thought it was a rewrite of a lot of code, but just happens that the code did double-work so the page is actually faster now!

Oh, and sorted the Minerals according to what you said
Milla
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Milla »

Sobuno wrote:Well, I looked into it and turns out it isn't that big a task anyway, just changing some sorting parameters and introducing a new field in the database... Thought it was a rewrite of a lot of code, but just happens that the code did double-work so the page is actually faster now!

Oh, and sorted the Minerals according to what you said
Really good job, and a nice unexpected benefit :)

One more thing: after entering one or more resources through the mass input box, the currently selected planet's resource listing does not return after pressing the "Add Resource(s)" button, I have to use the browser's back button to go back... could you fix it?
Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno »

Milla wrote:One more thing: after entering one or more resources through the mass input box, the currently selected planet's resource listing does not return after pressing the "Add Resource(s)" button, I have to use the browser's back button to go back... could you fix it?
Well, I made you a link since I don't want to be using meta refreshes at that page for now.

Also fixed a bug with the stat limitation system that prevented Geothermal Energy to be entered through the mass input window
Milla
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Milla »

Today I already used the development site here to update the resources on Corellia, FarStar. The site is shaping up nicely!

One suggestion: in the case of Flora and Creature Resources a new resource spawn means that at the same time the old resource disappears (I've never seen two different Lokian Leathery Hides or Domestic Oats at the same time), so I think, for Flora and Creature resources, the site could be modified so that a new entry in these sections automatically tags the old resource of the same type as unavailable, and removes it from the resource listing.

(Comments from veteran members are welcome on this subject: during my career in SWG as a crafter I've never seen double entries for a flora or creature resource type, but correct me if I'm wrong).

One bug: for some reason, Gehih, Berubium Intrusive Ore appears under the Copper resource category (check Dantooine, FarStar).
Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon »

You are absolutely correct, no Organic resources are doubled. It is hard coded in the game.

Priority: Normal
Severity: Enhancement

/Z
Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno »

Milla wrote:One bug: for some reason, Gehih, Berubium Intrusive Ore appears under the Copper resource category (check Dantooine, FarStar).
This is incorrect (But close :P).... It's in no category for some odd reason, will take a look at it.

Edit: Fixed, was a flag set wrong
Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno »

Zimoon wrote:You are absolutely correct, no Organic resources are doubled. It is hard coded in the game.

Priority: Normal
Severity: Enhancement

/Z
All Organic Resources should now despawn when a new resource of their type gets entered on the server. This is not active in the importer yet though.
Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc »

Water is an organic resource that CAN have multiple spawns. There is the "fixed pool" spawn for every planet, then for some reason, water is also a possible "random pool" resource. Its not that common for there to be two waters spawning on a planet, but we have seen upto three spawn.
Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno »

Savacc wrote:Water is an organic resource that CAN have multiple spawns. There is the "fixed pool" spawn for every planet, then for some reason, water is also a possible "random pool" resource. Its not that common for there to be two waters spawning on a planet, but we have seen upto three spawn.
Well, water is for some reason or another under the category Inorganic at our site, so it didn't get marked for auto-despawn when I mass-marked the entire Organic category

-Sobuno (Last post for the night)
Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon »

Yes, Water is not under Organic.

Rarely, veeery rarely I find Savacc being err.... I mean not exactly right 8)

/Z