Datamining in progress

The purpose of this board is for any announcements by the developers. Only developers can start topics on this board.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Sobuno
Developer

Datamining in progress

Post by Sobuno »

Hello folks :)

For 24 hours now, we have been testing our datamining script by importing Ahazi resources to this site. It has now imported all Ahazi resources and is currently verifying that we got all of them. When it has done that, it will automatically move on to Bria etc. untill it gets through them all.

Missing bits:

Due to time constraints (For developing the script that is), we decided to only import the stats, name and type of the resources. This means we decided to leave out the planets on which it had spawned aswell as the date of the spawn. We feel these are of minor importance when crafting. This does not mean that the hourly imports from SWGCraft.com won't contain these informations, this is only regarding the dataminer

Due to the above, the site might feel slow at times.

Some statistics:
Over the last 24 hour, the dataminer mined 35.456 resources from Ahazi. That's 1.477 resources per hour, and the dataminer wasn't operating most of the time (It should be operating constantly now though)

-Sobuno

Update:

It's now been almost 48 hours and the dataminer has mined about 200.000 resources from the first 7 servers om the SWGCraft.com list
Last edited by Sobuno on Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon »

Great work and good decisions. Planets doesn't matter for ancient resources as you concluded. Again I tip my hat to you :)
Onyx
Chef Forum Moderator

Post by Onyx »

Yep, fantastic news on this although I will indeed be one that misses the dates (I understand why we have to lose it and I figured we would anyway). Planets don't matter at all--even the planet specific resources still have the planet in the name.

However, new question. Will this also pick up Kashyyyk and Mustafar data as well? Since I have now learned those planets were not added to the data export, I wanted to make sure that they are still able to be mined. If not, I'll work on pulling those for Kettemoor (both that I've entered and others) and getting them into the database here.
Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon »

I believe I replied to the question in another thread: This site mines data from SWGCraft.com using the Find Resource feature, which includes Kashyyyl/Mustafar.

/Z